BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Google Homepages »

Monday, June 29, 2009

Car Crash #2

Saturday June 06, 2009, I was driving Austin and myself home from work. I got a bunch of text messages on my way home, and as I was replying to them all, I happened to look up a little too late. A deer was standing in the middle of my lane staring right at me. Stupid deer. Stupid me. I slammed on the breaks and swerved, but I hit the stupid thing. I was hoping I could just drive on home and deal with it there, but as I was just thinking that Austin said "Mommy? What's that noise?" Dang it! It was stuck underneath my car! Needless to say I had no choice but to pull over and look at the damage it had done to my car.


The car really doesn't look that bad, oh, but it was. $3,000 later my car is back to the best it's gonna be. It runs pretty hard, but for me this is the second time it's been in a pretty bad car accident. There was a county cop, who was in the area, that first stopped to make sure we were all okay. He was very nice. He talked to Austin and gave him some police (plastic) hats. They were giving them out at the Marshfield Parade earlier that day, and he had extras to had out. I think he gave us his whole supply. He stayed there until the officer on duty arrived. This officer was, also, very kind. He was very concerned as to who was coming to get me and how long it would take for them to get there. Austin had to go potty, and he was kind enough to let him go along side the road. He was very concerned that we would get hit by oncoming cars; so everytime I got out of the car he was standing next to me making sure I wouldn't get hit. I didn't understand why he kept getting out of his car when I was transferring my items from one car to the next, until he finally told me. I was very pleased with the officers that helped out that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment