BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Google Homepages »

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Christmas 2009

This year Grandpa Steve came to our house a little bit early for Christmas, because he and Debbie were going to Utah for Christmas. When he came we made sure we went to the light show at Wild Wood Park in Marshfield, WI. This stupid thing was there and our family jumped behind it quickly, and Grandpa took a snap with his phone. I tried taking pictures of the light show, but they all came out with a big light blur. This is the neatest thing to see. I have made it a Christmas tradition every year to go to this. The city and a ton of volunteers buy TONS of LED lights and display them all throughout the park/zoo. You can walk or drive through this enchantment. They have the lights blinking to Christmas carols. This is breath taking! This is free to the public! They, also, accept cash donations and canned goods. Every year no matter how much money I have or not, I always take canned goods there. On certain nights Santa is there. There is a little hot chocolate and treat stand. This year the kids got to pet and feed some reindeer. In one of the buildings they had music and a strobe light in it, and it was heated! If you ever have a chance to come to the center of WI, coming after Thanksgiving would be a great time. So, you can see this amazing light show!


This year for Christmas I did an advent calender with the boys. I found a cloth one at Menards and I bought a Santa head ornament that could fit in each day's pocket. Each day of December I put a note in the pocket. The kids would read it and it would take them to a certain place in the house. There, they would find a little present. To help them get into the Christmas spirit, some days I would give them candy and tell them they would have to share it with so many friends. Another day I bought them crazy red/green hats and told them to put them on and lets take crazy pictures of ourselves. Another day I bought them little blue plastic buckets that had lids on them. Inside the buckets were sugar cookie mix. The note told them they need to make sugar cookies, fill up the buckets, and give them to a friend to share with their family. Below are the picture of the kids decorating the cookies!

This is a picture of the kids getting ready to take their buckets filled with cookies to their friends' houses. Cole took his to Brenden's house, and Austin took his to Nick's house. Both families were thankful! When, the kids got home, they both had huge grins on their faces and felt good about what they did. Not only is this a good thing to teach your kids, but now everyone isn't obligated to eat so many cookies.

Crazy pictures in crazy hats in our crazy messy house!

This year I asked Grandpa if he would make Austin a lego table. I told him how I wanted it, and then he made it! It was perfect! I bought a bunch of legos off of Ebay to give to him along with the table. This pic shows the kids playing after we opened gifts. Thanks Grandpa for a beautiful gift!!!

Austin got this teddy bear from Santa. He hauled this huge thing around with him everywhere I would let him. He put on an old pair of shorts and a t-shirt on it. Eventually, I talked him out of dressing him in the shorts. Then, he only wore a t-shirt and his crazy red hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment